[Doc-SIG] [Python-Dev] [Preview] Comments and change proposals on documentation

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 16:33:52 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 14:24, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> at <http://dpo.gbrandl.de/contents>, you can look at a version of the 3.2
> docs that has the upcoming commenting feature.  JavaScript is mandatory.
> I've switched on anonymous comments for testing, but usually at least
> comments from anonymous users can be moderated.  Be sure to test the
> "propose a change" feature too.  Login currently allows OpenID exclusively.
>
> Credits go to Jacob Mason, whose GSOC project is responsible for almost all
> of what you see there.  [1]
>
> Please test on a smaller page, such as <http://dpo.gbrandl.de/library/math
> >,
> there is currently a speed issue with larger pages.  (Helpful tips from
> JS experts are welcome.)
>
> Other things I have to do before this can go live:
>
> * reuse existing logins from either wiki or tracker?

I would vote for reuse of the tracker login. That way, if a user proposes a
change, an issue could be generated from their tracker ID, they'll be nosy,
have follow-up input, etc. This way people get a better sense of how their
contribution flows along and they'll be included throughout the process.

(sorry if I'm repeating anything -- I'm not subscribed to doc-sig)