[Doc-SIG] epydoc reST markup for stdlib docstrings

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Apr 14 15:08:43 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> I too would prefer a consistent pattern be adopted for the Python standard
> library. Good luck finding someone to go and change all the docstrings in
> the standard library to use it...

We found someone interested in converting the LaTeX to ReST, didn't we?  :-)

If we can come up with a good recommendation, it'll take hold fairly
thoroughly.  Not quickly at first, but once there's value (tools) to
be had it'll happen.

The value for the standard library is that the documentation
maintenance can be moved closer to the code, and is less likely to get
out of sync.

  -Fred