[Doc-SIG] better documentation on how to upload to PyPI

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman pfeldman at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 19:05:13 CET 2009

The procedure for uploading to PyPI is not well documented.  I had to read
several different docs and do some experimentation before coming up with the
following:

Procedure for uploading to the Python Package Index (PyPI):

1. Create setup.py file.
2. Create ".pypirc" file if it does not already exist.
3. Launch IPython.
4. Issue the command "run setup register"
5. Issue the command "run setup sdist upload".
6. Log into PyPI and adjust visibility of old versions as necessary.

I'd like to see this list of steps (or something similar) in the docs.