[Doc-SIG] The docs, reloaded

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Mon May 21 05:28:48 CEST 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
> John Gabriele wrote:

>>> I don't think so. The issue with numpy is getting our act together and making
>>> parseable docstrings for auto-generated API documentation using existing tools
>>> or slightly modified versions thereof. No one is actually contemplating building
>>> a new tool.
>> Actually, I believe Ron Adam is working on that. See his previous
>> posts regarding his updates to pydoc. He's been asking for folks to
>> have a look at his code, in fact. :)
>
> Sorry, I thought the context was clear. "No one [as part of numpy] is actually
> ...." Better?

I'm not addressing the actual formatting of the doc strings directly.  But
I am making it so the doc string from a class or object can be pre or post
formatted in some way if desired.

I'm going to try to put up some example web pages soon.  They won't be
quite as impressive as Georg's though.  :-)

Cheers,
    Ron