[Doc-SIG] time for Google Summer of Code student applications

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Wed Mar 21 14:28:22 CET 2007

If there are any students out there (I know of one ;-), the Google
Summer of Code is a good opportunity to work on open-source projects
and make some money in a summer job (summer in the northern
hemisphere, that is).  I have signed up to mentor any Docutils-related
projects that are accepted.  The student application deadline is
Monday, March 26, 2007, 17:00 Pacific time (Tuesday, March 27, 2007,
00:00 UTC).

Details:

* The Docutils to-do list contains lots of possibilities:
  http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/dev/todo.html

* The PSF page for the Summer of Code has guidelines and lists
  projects: http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode

* The Summer of Code home page lists all mentoring organizations:
  http://code.google.com/soc/

* Application instructions and advice:
  http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforStudents

--