[Doc-SIG] hotshot example code doesn't work

Brian Cole brianc at temple.edu
Tue Jan 2 17:22:25 CET 2007

Hello All,

I hope this is the appropriate place to post about a python
documentation bug. The hotshot example code is slightly wrong:
http://docs.python.org/lib/hotshot-example.html

This peice of code will not work (anymore?):
benchtime, stones = prof.runcall(test.pystone.pystones)

It will raise this error:
TypeError: unpack non-sequence

The documentation for "runcall" says that the return is the return
from the function. Not a two item tuple.

I also noticed while subscribing to this list that the entire
subscriber list is open to the public:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/roster/doc-sig

Can you disable this please? Otherwise I will need to unsubscribe shortly.

Thanks,
Brian Cole