[Doc-SIG] Best way to contribute

Alan Green alan.green at cardboard.nu
Mon Aug 13 02:21:13 CEST 2007

Hi Campbell,

I contributed a small amount of documentation, several years ago. It
took many months before someone had the time to pick up the change,
review it and approve it.

If it's something you don't need feedback on, I'd counsel patience. If
you do need feedback, then it might be best to get in touch with some
of the developers working in the area that you'd like to document.

Cheers,

Alan.

On 8/10/07, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:
> Hi, Id like to contribute some changes to the C/API docs
>
> http://docs.python.org/api/api.html
>
> I mailed my changes to docs at python.org but only got an auto-reply.
>
> Would the best way to submit changes be to checkout Python, edit the tex
> file in the Doc/api directory and submit a patch?
>
> Should I submit the patch to the tracker or to this list?
>
> --
> Campbell J Barton (ideasman42)

Alan Green
alang at bright-green.com - http://bright-green.com