[Doc-SIG] coordination for translation of the Python Documentation

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Mar 14 11:55:20 CET 2006

Rodrigo Senra ha scritto:

> On 10Mar 2006, at 2:34 PM, Aahz wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>>>
>>> There exists an effort to aid the coordination of the translations of
>>> the Python Documentation?
>>
>> AFAIK, there are no formal efforts, though there are many people
>> willing to help.  You'll probably get more useful responses if
>> you ask a more specific question.
>
> If you are planning to target Italian language, you can check what
> other people is doing to coordinate their own efforts.
> Some examples:
>
> French - [1] (Translation effort)
> Brazilian Portuguese - [2] (Translation effort)
> Italian - [3] (actual documentation translated)

Well, I'm indeed the new maintainer of python.it.

The problem is that the translated documentation is not "integrated"
into the CPython distribution.

I whould like, at least, to have it.python.org/docs or
docs.python.org/it points to the translated documentation.

Moreover the i18n projects is dead...

The only translations "integrated" in the main site are the FAQ
(BTW, who is the maintainer of this part of the site?)

Thanks and regards  Manlio Perillo