[Doc-SIG] Python docs in reST

Martin Blais martin.blais at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:30:43 CEST 2005

On 5/27/05, Torsten Bronger <bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> > That site appears to be down at the moment.
>
> Well, I misspelt it: tbookdtd.sf.net.  At the moment it's only XML,
> so I'm looking for a human-friendly input format.  I've evaluated
> many Wiki formats, but reST is the most promising so far.

about tbook: interesting idea, but with XML as input, a severe
limitation is that you can't extend and create macros for your
specific document.  that is a really powerful part of LaTeX.
do you allow people to somehow provide files to do create new element types?

on a different note: something that would have great value (and
tremendous hacker brownie points) is for someone to tap deep into
LaTeX and to provide its internal representation in Python or XML to
do its output...  there is pdflatex, (ps)latex, wondering if someone
could produce xmllatex?  (like, write a latex-to-xml translator)