[Doc-SIG] Python docs in reST?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu May 19 10:18:54 CEST 2005

Martin Blais <martin.blais at gmail.com> writes:

[python's documentation system]

> 2. it doesn't "just work", you have to rip a lot of stuff out of the
> given makefile to make it do the minimal thing for a new documentation
> set, and it has a lot of stuff that I didn't need, like isilo, custom
> bits for the python docs, etc.  It took me a little while to get it
> going, it would have been nicer to do something like "emerge
> python-doc-system" and copy a few clear rules from somewhere else.

That's not a bad idea at all.

Note, though, that the easiest way of getting the tools working (for
me :) is symlinking

   ~/bin/mkhowto -> ~/Source/python/dist/src/Doc/tools/mkhowto

and then, er, keeping the mkhowto invocation in my shell history.
This could probably be streamlined, yes.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  All obscurity will buy you is time enough to contract venereal
  diseases.                                  -- Tim Peters, python-dev