[Doc-SIG] Good API doc generation in the Python world recently?

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Jan 28 12:35:20 CET 2005

On Friday 28 January à 11:29, Michael Foord wrote:
> epydoc isn't abandoned - but happydoc is.

good news :)

> I like epydoc, but would also prefer to see a version that parsed source
> code rather than importing it. Would make it much harder to link classes
> to super classes etc though I guess.

I've already that (and much other things) in my toolbox :)
I'm the pylint author and I've build a package which extends the compiler
package classes to ease source code analysis without relying on "living"
objects. Everything is in astng subpackage of logilab's common library
(http://www.logilab.org/projects/common). Starting from that I think the
task wouldn't be that hard...

--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).