[Doc-SIG] Good API doc generation in the Python world recently?

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Jan 28 12:24:15 CET 2005

On Friday 28 January à 22:15, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> I can't find any. HappyDoc is way, way out of date (it blows up on
> newer code, in certain situations, I think) and epydoc just has loads
> and loads of problems with its importing of code (at least with
> Twisted, and anything else using Zope Interfaces). Has anyone heard
> anything about better docstring-based API doc generation lately?
>
> I'm afraid I'm going to have to release Twisted 2.0 without API docs,
> but I'm considering improving HappyDoc after that.

Gasp !
Wasn't epydoc originaly coming from the twisted project, as I thought ?
I really do like epydoc, and would be sad if it's not maintained
anymore... Having epydoc not importing the code would be probably the
best option (based on the compiler std module, probably), and so it
could become a kind of "standardized" docstring format (using the ReST
backend, of course ;). I don't know much of the epydoc source code right
know, but I would be happy to help such a task instead of seing epydoc
abandoned.

--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).