[Doc-SIG] what about OpenDocument?

Chad Whitacre chad at zetaweb.com
Fri Dec 30 18:55:34 CET 2005

Skip,

Yes, sorry. You'll see that I mention OpenOffice (OOo) in my first post,
  although I didn't define ODT explicitly. From Wikipedia:

   The OpenDocument format (ODF), short for the OASIS Open Document
   Format for Office Applications, is an open document file format for
   saving and exchanging editable office documents such as text documents
   (including memos, reports, and books), spreadsheets, charts, and
   presentations. This standard was developed by the OASIS industry
   consortium, based upon the XML-based file format originally created by
   OpenOffice.org.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

ODT stands for "OpenDocument Text."

chad