[Doc-SIG] that library reference, again

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Dec 29 15:11:58 CET 2005

I wrote:

> since everything that has people running in fear is worth investigating
> further, I've spent a few hours putting together a first iteration of a
> "python.org library reference to a javadoc-ish source format converter".
>
> more info here:
>
>     http://effbot.org/zone/pythondoc-lib.htm
>
> including goals, non-goals, and 2.5 megabytes of converted (but not
> yet properly rendered) library pages.

I've spent a few more hours tweaking the converter, and I'm now very
close to a point where the entire library reference can be handled by a
combination of this tool and a reasonable manual cleanup effort.

overview:

    http://effbot.org/zone/pythondoc-lib.htm

sample pages (with visible preliminary markup):

    http://effbot.org/lib

however, given that the discussion that led up to this has been dead for
almost a week, I'm beginning to fear that I've wasted my time on a project
that nobody's interested in.  are we stuck with latex for the foreseeable
future?

</F>