[Doc-SIG] [Python-Dev] status of development documentation

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Thu Dec 22 15:40:36 CET 2005

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 22 December 2005 05:19, Michael Foord wrote:
>  > Hmmm... I submitted some plain text (might have been reST actually) docs
>  > as a suggested addition to urllib2. The response from the maintainer)
>  > was that I ought to submit it as patches against the original Tex
>  > document.
>
> Did you submit this as a documentation issue on the SF tracker?  If this is
> still outstanding, please point me to the submission.

I submitted it as a patch in the documentation category. (probably hence
the response which effectively says 'this isn't a patch').

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=1216942&group_id=5470

>  > *However* - there was no implication that the maintainer was happy to
>  > work with plain text submissions.
>
> This sounds like a specific individual isn't interested in converting to
> LaTeX, which isn't surprising (though unfortunate).  We'll have to find a
> better way to handle this, since I don't want to be turning away plain text
> contributions due to format.
>
> I hope it wasn't me, in a moment of madness.  :-/

No - I would have responded privately. It was John J Lee - who does a
sterling job of maintaining the code he creates.

I'm happy to do more work on making the document suitable for inclusion.

All the best,

Fuzzyman