[Doc-SIG] two subjects: docutils for python docs, and integrating documentation in source code

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Apr 22 12:02:05 CEST 2005

Michael Foord <mike at pcblokes.com> writes:

>  From my POV - just blue arrows HTML from reST would be hunky dory. I
>  guess it might already be possible with judicious use of header,
>  footer, and CSS. Perhaps I should investigate - more docutils
>  directives to support documentation of python support would be a a
>  definite plus as well though.

Well, I'm fairly sure I've seen this discussed somewhere, and don't
think I've been making things up this time :)

>>The issue with the existing documentation is that it exists, and in
>>latex...
>>

> Right - is Python documentation really written straight into LaTex markup ?

Yes.

>>ISTR talk of a writer that wrote latex in the style of the existing
>>Python documentation, which would get around that problem (but not the
>>toolchain ones).
>>

> Hmm.. I haven't heard any talk of such a latex writer on
> docutils-users... at least not in the last year.

Well, I think I saw it *somwhere*... no sure where, though.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Never meddle in the affairs of NT. It is slow to boot and quick to
  crash.                                             -- Stephen Harris