[Doc-SIG] Re: Commentary on iconic versus text links

Felix Wiemann Felix.Wiemann at gmx.net
Fri Nov 19 19:52:46 CET 2004

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

>     http://starship.python.net/~fdrake/nb/nb.cgi/

| [...] I couldn't actually get firefox to select those bits of the page
| first when I tried using the find-in-page feature to select the link.
| A link to the index in the top navigation area, indicated by the word
| "Index" in a link, was not the first selection when searching for
| "ind"; an occurrance later in the page was found first.
|
| My current expectation is that there's no way to predict the behavior
| of browsers (especially on the leading edge) as regards the latest
| crop of popular features.

Firefox (0.10.1 here) (and Mozilla too, I guess) should always find text
starting at the top.  You may get different behavior after scrolling, or
due to one of the numerous bugs in the Mozilla browsers, but in general
I think the behavior can be considered predictable.

--
When replying to my email address, please ensure
that the mail header contains 'Felix Wiemann'.

http://www.ososo.de/