[Doc-SIG] CVS access data buglet on web page?

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Sat Jun 21 10:56:54 EDT 2003

Dinu Gherman wrote:
> I think there is a wrong CVS command on the following page in
> the section "Anonymous CVS Access".
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=38414

Those are the official SourceForge instructions.  I don't have any
control over that page.

> Instead of:
>
>   cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/docutils login
 >
> shouldn't it rather be:
>
> cvs \
> -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.docutils.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/docutils  \
 > login

That's what the above-referenced web page used to say.

> At least, the latter gets me connected, but the former doesn't...

SF's CVS has been slowing down lately.  They're doing some
reorganization.  It could be that the latter command will stop
working at some point.  If it works for you, fine.  Otherwise, the
snapshots are always up to date.

-- David Goodger