[Doc-SIG] Re: [marketing-python] 2.3 release - proposed plan

David Priest priest@sfu.ca
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:38:48 -0700

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:58:44 -0400, Aahz <aahz@pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> "In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts
> from many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising
> semantics, few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of
> the things I like about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93

This is, I think, a quote that should be used in marketing Python.  It's a
familiar, powerful, *comfortable* language, with all the power required to
create full, powerful applications quickly and easily.  Take away the fear
("it's a dull language") and promote its power.