[Doc-SIG] Python book ideas

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:37:09 -0400

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Magnus:
>>
>> I've recently done some VBA programming, and it struck me
>> how many similarities there are between Python and VBA. I
>> feel that Python syntax is VBA done right!
>>
>> When I thought about this I realized how rare it is that you
>> see things like Python tutorials for VB programmers or
>> comparisions between VB and Python sysntax etc. You can find
>> side by side comparisions between Python and almost every
>> programming language available as open source out there, but
>> I've never seen any text (or Python book, and I have more
>> than a dozen of them) explaining Python from a VB perspective.
>> Not even Hammond & Robinson does this.
>>
>> Considering the amount of Visual Basic programmers out there,
>> I think this is a great book idea. Probably one of the most
>> needed Python books right now!
>
> I can get you in touch with a publisher if you need one.

Heh.  That was my line, but you're obviously a better person if you've
got the bandwidth.

Magnus, if you want a co-author and nobody else responds to this thread
here, I'd suggest posting to c.l.py and c.l.py.announce.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz, c.l.py, 2/4/2002