[Doc-SIG] Python book ideas

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:59:43 +0200

At 21:14 2003-04-14 -0400, Aahz wrote:
>[Cross-posted to both doc-sig and marketing-python]
>
>Last week I went to the Waterside Conference, which is a conference for
>writers and publishers put on by my agent's company.  I picked up some
>good leads for book ideas, some of which I'm holding to myself for a bit
>while I talk with my agent, but I'd like to throw out one idea that's
>been mentioned before as a joke: _Python for VB6 Programmers_

I've recently done some VBA programming, and it struck me
how many similarities there are between Python and VBA. I
feel that Python syntax is VBA done right!

When I thought about this I realized how rare it is that you
see things like Python tutorials for VB programmers or
comparisions between VB and Python sysntax etc. You can find
side by side comparisions between Python and almost every
programming language available as open source out there, but
I've never seen any text (or Python book, and I have more
than a dozen of them) explaining Python from a VB perspective.
Not even Hammond & Robinson does this.

Considering the amount of Visual Basic programmers out there,
I think this is a great book idea. Probably one of the most
needed Python books right now!

--
Magnus Lycka, magnus@thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, www.thinkware.se