[Doc-SIG] Python book ideas

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:14:50 -0400

[Cross-posted to both doc-sig and marketing-python]

Last week I went to the Waterside Conference, which is a conference for
writers and publishers put on by my agent's company.  I picked up some
good leads for book ideas, some of which I'm holding to myself for a bit
while I talk with my agent, but I'd like to throw out one idea that's
been mentioned before as a joke: _Python for VB6 Programmers_

According to a presentation I saw, one survey claims that more than 50%
of VB6 programmers currently refuse to consider upgrading to VB.net.
That's a huge market for us even if we only get a tiny slice of it.  I'll
be glad to assist someone else to find a publisher.  Any takers?

Another idea that I and others have been kicking around for a while is a
data structures and algorithms book using Python.  Based on what I saw
at the conference, I think now would be a good time to start working on
that, possibly beginning it as an Open Source project of some kind.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz, c.l.py, 2/4/2002