[Doc-SIG] broken \ref links

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:42:13 -0700

[Fred L . Drake wrote]

> Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:
>  > This makes me think the first transform after the split is wrong;
>  > should we just change that and drop the chomp() altogether?  So the
>  > I'll give this a try.
>
> This seems to work fine.  All the links Neal fixed still work, and
> webchecker is still happy with the results.
>
> Trent, is there any reason to prefer one solution over the other?
> (Like one being faster?)

Speed is not really an issue here. The node2label.pl runs are *much*
shorter than the associated latex2html runs. I would be inclined to just
use the s/chop/chomp/ fix because there is less new and potentially
surprising about it. However, I can't think of anything that would break
either fix.

Trent

--
Trent Mick