[Doc-SIG] More broken \ref links

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:03:10 -0400

Neal Norwitz writes:
 > I guessed by replacing chop() with chomp() and this seemed to work.
 > chop() removes the last char while chomp() removes whitespace.
 > Is that correct?  Is removing whitespace what was desired?

Interesting!  I don't think we're trying to remove arbitrary
whitespace there, so switching to chomp() may be just the ticket.
(Jeremy wrote the original version of that script, and only a real
Perl programmer would be able to decipher it now.)

If you don't see any ill effects, go ahead and check in the change,
and I'll try and take a closer look at the result tomorrow -- no more
time tonight; sorry.

Thanks for taking some time to look at the doc issues!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation