[Doc-SIG] verse construct (was Re: [Docutils-develop] Parsing oddness)

Doug Hellmann doug@hellfly.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:29:45 -0400

On Friday 10 May 2002 09:19, will wrote:
> Currently I use happydoc for my ool docs and AFT for my regular
> documentation.  But I loathe StructuredText--it's like an unruly
> step-child.  I very much look forward to happydoc supporting
> reStructuredText and if they don't get around to it when I do my next
> massive documentation overhaul, I may just add it in myself.  When that
> happens, I'm definitely switching over.

I'm always glad to hear about happy users, even if only semi-happy.

I definitely have reST on my list of things to support, and have completed
the docstring parser plugin system in HappyDoc specifically to allow me to
provide that support.  I have not, however, had time to write the actual reST
plugin.  It should be a pretty straightforward task for someone familiar with
the reST converter code.

As usual, patches are always welcome.

Doug