[Doc-SIG] Moving HOW-TOs

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:09:22 -0400

[moving to doc-sig]

[previous discussion was on new Unicde HOW-TO written by Skip]

On Wed, May 01, 2002, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 09:32:08AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>
>>Cool.  Maybe this should be added to the standard docs, or at least to
>>Andrew Kuchling's how-to collection?
>
> I'd like to make the py-howto collection evaporate, eventually; the
> documents would get more proofreading and visibility if they were in
> the main CVS tree, though perhaps in nondist/, but I haven't yet
> talked with Fred about this.

I've been doing a little bit of preparatory work to help with this, then
I hit a little stonewall at http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/writing.html

It's not clear to me how the HOW-TO collection should be integrated into
the python.org CVS and publishing system, given the non-HTML nature of
much of it.  I'm not competent to say anything, so I'm punting to
doc-sig as the appropriate place to discuss it.  If this is the wrong
list, I'd suggest pydotorg as the appropriate spot.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"I used to have a .sig but I found it impossible to please everyone..."  --SFJ