[Doc-SIG] reST block quotes

David Goodger goodger@python.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:53:33 -0500

Beni Cherniavsky wrote:
> [I'm on the list, no need to cc: me]

Just a common courtesy on lists.  I *will not remember* to remove your
address in future.  Might as well give up now ;)

> Just remembered reading somebody hoping to write his next book in
> rST, so I thought that would be posible.

That would be Aahz.  As far as I know, he still is using Docutils for
his book, via OpenOffice.org (confirm/deny, Aahz?).

> Quite naturally, it can't really be expected (except for an rST
> write -> convert -> polish layout in target format)...

Depends on the complexity of the document.  I wouldn't be surprised if
some tweaking were necessary.  However Docutils is still young and
flexible.

>>> I think also that the vertical spacing differs (para/list
>>> spacing smaller than inter-para).
>>
>> If I understand you correctly, that's a rendering issue.I'm not
>> sure I do understand correctly though; please elaborate more &
>> include examples in future.
>>
> LaTeX pseudo-screenshot (unconfirmed, memory/imagination mix ;)::

Thanks for the explanation.  Indeed, a rendering issue.

--
David Goodger  <goodger@python.org>  Open-source projects:
  - Python Docutils: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/