[Doc-SIG] numbered headings in reST

Dmitry Jemerov Dmitry Jemerov <yole@yole.ru>
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:55:21 +0400

Hello David,

  Recently I decided to use reST to write the documentation for my
(soon to be released) project. The formatting features provided by
reST seem to match my needs pretty well, with one exception. One of
the first things I tried to write in my file was:

1. This is the heading of section one
=====================================

  However, this doesn't work, and the following error message is
given:

WARNING (level 2 system message)
Enumerated list ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent at line 5.

  I've seen no mention of numbered headings in the spec, but in my
opinion, they are a very commonly used construct. Are you planning to
support numbered headings in the future version of DocUtils? Maybe I
could try to do a patch for numbered headings support myself?

--
Best regards,
 Dmitry                          mailto:yole@yole.ru