[Doc-SIG] Re: PEP 287: reStructuredText Standard Docstring Format

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:27:56 +0100

[python-dev cut from reply list]

David Goodger wrote:
> A special thanks must go to Richard Jones for taking up arms
> (or keyboard) in my stead, and for taking the initiative to
> start work on `A ReStructuredText Primer`_.

Ooh, ooh, neat stuff!

> In hindsight it was much needed, and it's coming
> along nicely.  Thanks Richard!

Oh, it was obvious it was needed, but it needed someone to do it! And
the initial part of the document up now is good stuff.

I must admit I like the term "Relaxed text" - should we consider a name
change? (sowing trouble for the sake of it!)

Give a pedant an inch and they'll take 25.4mm
(once they've established you're talking a post-1959 inch, of course)