[Doc-SIG] DPS DTDs

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 22:49:44 -0400

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote in "RE: [Doc-SIG] DPS and DOM trees":
> OK. Eventually we need to have direct documentation in there on how it
> all hangs together - the DTD is not enough

True. It needs semantic/usage documentation. I tried to be quite verbose and
explicit with tag names (<paragraph>, <bullet_list>, etc.), but that's not
enough. Ask ten SGML/XML experts what a "paragraph" is and you'll probably
get at least 3.14159265 different answers.

> (indeed, is it still meant to be correct?).

Yes, I do try to keep the DTDs up-to-date with the internal data structure.

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote in "RE: [Doc-SIG] reStructuredText tables are
done":
> Another task to add to the list (albeit at a low level) is updating the
> DTDs

How do you mean?

> (but I'd appreciate waiting until I've done more of my work first,
> as that's a significant contribution to the Python specific DTD)

Could you explain the contribution to the DTD? (I haven't read your pydps
modules yet, so maybe I'd best be quiet.)

--
David Goodger    goodger@users.sourceforge.net    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sourceforge.net