[Doc-SIG] How to traverse a document object

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 01:28:29 +0200

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 23:55:18 +0100, Paul Moore wrote:

>Grmph. This feels like it should be a natural application for the
>"Visitor" pattern.

Same idea here. Actually, it's already there, sort-of. The creation of t=
he
dom tree acts like the visitor pattern, only for a specific purpose. If =

you ask me, the whole thing should be abstracted (as you proposed) and t=
he
the _dom_node and _rooted_dom_node could be implemented as ONE visitor.

What I missed was a "toSAX" method, which could be easily added then.

Ciao, J=FCrgen