[Doc-SIG] How to traverse a document object

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:44:36 -0400

Paul Moore wrote:
> I don't know if I'm missing something stupidly obvious here... I want to
> traverse a document generated by a dps.parsers.restructuredtext.Parser
> instance. I can see no way of doing so short of a manual tree-walk with
> type checks all the way

You're not missing anything. The answer is simple: not implemented yet. (At
least not in nodes.py; perhaps Tony's pydps implemented something?)

> (Or if there isn't one, surely it needs implementing - and as it may well need
> support from the classes in nodes.py, I'd imagine it needs adding sooner
> rather than later?)

And the classic open-source answer: please go ahead, patches gratefully
accepted!

Alternatively, explain what you are trying to do and how it will benefit
humankind, and perhaps somebody else's interest will be piqued enough
they'll implement it for you.

--
David Goodger    goodger@users.sourceforge.net    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sourceforge.net