[Doc-SIG] anchors and local references

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:19:00 +0100

Edward D. Loper provided a summary with which I, for one, agree (can I
steal the text, please?!) and then said, in answer to Eddy's:
> > Hmm.  Well, ideally we'd support standard citation forms,
> which would
> > include '[this, that, other]', to be treated like '[this], [that],
> > [other]'
>
> Fine with me, if others also want it.  Of course, I also wouldn't
> feel bad about making people type [this], [that], [other].

I also agree that the comma seperated form is nice, but for the moment
would prefer to leave it alone (just *too many things* to do) (heh - I
emphasised more than word, Edward!).

> > One might plausibly want to allow '&' in ref names
>
> I agree.

Me too, now it's been pointed out - I'll go with Edward's summary's list
of valid characters, I think.

"Bounce with the bunny. Strut with the duck.
 Spin with the chickens now - CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK!"
BARNYARD DANCE! by Sandra Boynton