[Doc-SIG] suggestions for a PEP

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:41:49 -0000

Edward D. Loper wrote:
> I'll assume we're still talking about labels.

yes

> I think it's unreasonable to expect people to remember
> whether they're supposed to type "Author:" or "author:"..
> Is there a good reason to make it case sensitive?  I can't
> imagine ever defining two *different* labels "Author" and
> "author"...  Convince us that it should be case sensitive. :)

Unfortunately, I remember too many arguments where I start out
disagreeing vehemently and end up having to give in for sake of
"reasonableness" (cursed are they who see both sides of the
argument...).

My argument for case sensitivity is that "it damn well should be like
that" (all those careless programmers, mutter, mutter). Which probably
means I'll need to give in. Oh well.

Well we're safe now....thank God we're in a bowling alley.
- Big Bob (J.T. Walsh) in "Pleasantville"