[Doc-SIG] URLs

Edward D. Loper edloper@gradient.cis.upenn.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:01:48 EST

> If that's what they want to do, they can use the scheme delimiter (:)
> in URLs to make a separation between HTML-Tags and URLs. AFAIK,
> the colon is not allowed in HTML-Tagnames (XML is different due to the
> namespace notation).

Ack. Let's not introduce even more notation, if we can help it! :)
(besides which, allowing HTML in ST is very un-safe anyway..)

> > So...  Where do I go to do my convincing?  Do I write a wiki page
> > on the Zope site?  Or can I write email somewhere?  Anyone else
> > want to help me convince them? :)
>
> Sending in patches usually helps ;-)

Hm.. Actually, this issue is important enough to me that I'd actually
be willing to go read all their code & learn it well enough to put
in a patch for this. :)  Maybe I'll offer that when I suggest the
idea.

-Edward