[Doc-SIG] Long verbatim blocks

Bob Ternosky rternosk@bearcat.appliedtheory.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:44:53 -0400

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <mailto:fdrake@acm.org> writes:
    >  That's because the HTML conversion doesn't know about \verbatiminput
    >-- I should be able to fix that.  Can you point me to documentation
    >for it, so I can be sure I get the details right?

Its part of the verbatim.sty package.

On my Redhat system it was part of the tetex-latex-1.0.7-7 RPM and
was installed as /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/tools/verbatim.sty

It can be downloaded from CTAN at:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex209/contrib/amslatex/inputs/verbati
m.sty

I'm not sure where the actual distribution point is or if there is more
documentation available.

I found out about it from the LaTex FAQ:
14) In LaTeX, how do I include a file in the verbatim environment?

    A good way to do this is to use Rainer Schopf's verbatim.sty,
    which provides the command \verbatiminput that takes a file
    as an argument. This package is available from any CTAN site (see
    question 22) in ./tex-archive/macros/latex/distribs. Several
    files are needed.

    Another way to do this is to use the alltt environment defined in
    the style file alltt.sty available from the CTAN archives in
    ./tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/misc/alltt.sty.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Ternosky
rternosk@appliedtheory.com