[Doc-SIG] Re: reStructuredText Markup Specification

David Goodger dgoodger@bigfoot.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 00:55:04 -0400

Wolfgang,

You make some good points (perhaps a little heavy on the hyperbole? ;-). I'd
like to take some time to consider your position and compose my reply.

Let me assure you though that I don't intend to abolish indentation.
Challenge it, propose and implement an alternative, yes. The whole point of
the DPS is that there doesn't have to be one and only one way. The result of
competition could be the survival of the fittest, or amicable coexistence,
or cross-pollination, I don't know. But it would be good to have
competition.

/David