[Doc-SIG] Re: Parameter passing in python

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:33:37 -0400 (EDT)

Alex Martelli writes:
 > I think you're right, and the lack is still there in
 > http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/ref/calls.html
 >
 > I.e., it documents *args and **kwds for FORMAL parameters,
 > but not the corresponding forms of ACTUAL parameters.  I
 > hope that CC'ing the doc-sig, as I've done, can do in lieu
 > of filing a bugreport on sf.net (Fred, if you'd rather
 > have me file a bugreport for this sort of things now and/or
 > in the future, just let me know -- and thanks once again

  Please do file a bug report on SF.  Doc-SIG is a great place to
discuss what should be in the docs, and how to explain things, but
specific failings of the docs need to be filed on SF so we don't lose
track of them.
  Thanks!

  -Fred

--