[Doc-SIG] pydoc.py (show docs both inside and outside of Python)

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:39:37 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote:
> Hmm. I downloaded it when I read the email message announcing it, which
> was yesterday some time. But it doesn't look like the lines you mention
> are there - I'll try re-downloading...
>
> ...I've redownloaded the files from http://www.lfw.org/python/pydoc.py,
> etc., and done a grep for hasattr within them. There's no check such as
> the one you mention, so I guess it's "download impedance".

Very sorry!  I stopped uploading the files to http://www.lfw.org/python
once i started checking them in with CVS.  Kind of forgot about it, i
guess.  Please download again, and if you have time, test again; sorry
for the trouble.

> Other ideas:
> * command line switch to *output* HTML to a file (i.e., documentation
> generation) (presumably something like "-o <name>.html", where the
> "html" indicates the output format - an alternative being "txt"

Oh yeah, good point.  htmldoc.py actually does this if you run it by
itself at the moment.  Good to provide a single point of entry though.

-- ?!ng