[Doc-SIG] auto-numbered footnotes

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:42:51 +0100

Garth T Kidd wrote, replying to David:
> > For consistency's sake, I think that anonymous auto-numbered
> > footnotes should be defined with ``.. _[#]`` and referred to
> > as ``[#]_``.
> >
> > No matter how pretty the empty version is, the number sign mnemonic
> > is too useful.
>
> +1

Gosh - things that happen over the weekend.

I think this whole issue is gilding on the lilly, but it's pretty
gilding, so +1 too.

Did I emphasise again recently enough that I think that reST is a Good
Thing? Won't stop me picking nits, or trying to understand things I
don't understand, of course.

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive
continuity of ducks." - Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night"