[Doc-SIG] David's Idea for Lazy Indentation

Garth T Kidd garth@deadlybloodyserious.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:32:10 +1000

> Although feasible, this form of lazy indentation has problems. The
> document structure and hierarchy is not obvious from the indentation,
> making the source plaintext difficult to read.

I *suspect* this will be less of a problem once the parser is
reversable. It's not too hard a stretch to imagine an "edit parsed text,
not original" button on a Wiki, for example.

The moment maintaining appropriate indentation becomes harder than using
an alternative editor and pasting back into the edit box, I suspect
people will do so. I do that often enough with email.

Regards,
Garth.