[Doc-SIG] C signatures in C code docstrings

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:50:29 +0100

With respect to the C "signature" line at the front of docstrings in C
code, David Goodger wrote:
> (a) Sounds good. Care to provide the wording?
>
> (b) PEP 257 doesn't care about the DPS, but this could be added to PEP
>     258.

OK. Please put a note in the appropriate place that this will be added,
and I will provide wording at some point (but it would help to have a
place to *put* the wording first, so I can try to make it fit in).

(I can specify some heuristics for recognising as well, or you can just
look at earlier versions of my own code, which had some such in)

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive
continuity of ducks." - Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night"