[Doc-SIG] Slightly newer version of quickref

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:05:57 +0100

Unfortunately I was off work yesterday with a (luckily not very) sick
child, so didn't get a chance to attack my backlog of Doc-SIG messages.
And of course there are more today (mind you, that's a *healthy* sign).

I *did* have time to make the next iteration of the quick reference -
still far from perfect (perhaps even far from useful), but the new
version is again at:

	http://www.tibsnjoan.co.uk/reST/quick_reST.html

For what it's worth, whilst I still have reservations about comments,
field thingies and descriptive lists, the *rest* of reST seems a Good
Thing - as I've said before, leaving "proper" quotes available as such
is perhaps the best thing about it.

I'll try to find time to comment on all the things I want to comment on
as and when - trouble is, it takes time to read and digest the various
threads so my comments can at least purport to make sense!

In Python it's clearer to talk about "names" and "bindings"
rather than "variables" and "values"... "you can't change
the binding of a name in your caller's namespace" doesn't
leave much room for misunderstanding. (Greg Ewing)