[Doc-SIG] Suggestions for reST "modes"

Garth T Kidd garth@deadlybloodyserious.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:01:05 +1000

> Wiki
> ----
> Allows any word of the form ``word_`` to be looked up in the document
> itself, and if it is not found, looks it up as a Wiki link word.

Conveniently, the reST parser leaves it up to whomever calls it to
actually resolve links (even to footnotes!).

> May want to provide lazy indentation::

Oh, boy, have we been through this in the archives. :) I still think
that we can do without the blank line between list items without getting
silly, but it's not exactly keeping me up nights.

> Book/paper/document
> Some more directives, such as::
>
>     .. newpage::
>
> will be needed. I suspect that a means of marking Chapter, Appendix,
> etc., explicitly may be needed [...]

``.. section::``, anyone?

Regards,
Garth.