[Doc-SIG] Documentation from docstrings

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 21:31:28 +0100 (CET)

There is also HappyDoc. One big difference is, that it does not import
the modules and extracts the docstring but parses the actual code. So
it is not suited to document extension modules. Another thing is, that
one can write new backend to format the doc strings.
http://happydoc.sourceforge.net/

Then there is also Crystal at

http://www.btinternet.com/~tratt/comp/python/crystal/

These two are relative mature. I always wonder, why especially new
python users find the pythondoc module, which seems to have
problems. Is it linked in a popular place?

HTH,
__Janko