[Doc-SIG] htmldoc.py and inspect.py

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 31 May 2000 00:54:08 -0500

will wrote:

> If you look at the way it's structured right now, all the HTML is
> localized into functions in htmldoc.py.  So you could easily take
> that, copy, paste, munge, mangle and coerce into xmldoc.py or any
> other output.

That's a slightly different issue. I'm talking about allowing varying
*inputs*: docstrings that use various internal syntaxes.

"Hardly anything more unwelcome can befall a scientific writer than
having the foundations of his edifice shaken after the work is
finished.  I have been placed in this position by a letter from
Mr. Bertrand Russell..."
 - Frege, Appendix of Basic Laws of Arithmetic (of Russell's Paradox)