[Doc-SIG] Python tutorial changes for 1.6?

Dinu C. Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:45:14 +0200

Hello,

on the following page:

  http://www.python.org/doc/current/download.html

I can read the this note:

  Note: The LaTeX sources are not being distributed as
  a package for this release since the documentation
  sources are being merged with the development version
  of the documentation in preparation for the Python
  1.6 release.

saying that the LaTeX files are currently not available.

Could anybody provide some brief background information
trying to outline what is expected to change apart from
the pure content, i.e. LaTeX/format-unspecific material,
especially for the Tutorial?

I'm asking because I'd like to provide as soon as possi-
ble an update of my German translation of Guido's 1.5.2
tutorial. And I might get somebody working on a more exo-
tic translation of that tutorial, too, but would like to
know if one can start confidently with 1.5.2 or should
wait for the final 1.6 tutorial?

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only possible values [for quality] are 'excellent' and 'in-