[Doc-SIG] Forthcoming doc release; request for help

will willguaraldi@mediaone.net
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 05:22:11 -0500

how do you want us to relate "errors" back to you?  directly, or on
this list, or on another list, or bug-tracker?

i've been programming python for a while, but i would just gloss over
subtle python inconsistencies.  so i'll stare through the html code,
run it through the w3c validator (they do matching of tags and such
which is useful), and tell my friends to sift through it with their
browsers.  (i know various folks at companies that do web-sites so
they have a lot of the browser/os/platform test-beds, i think).  i can
get a more extensive listing of browser/os/platform combinations that
i'm checking soonish.  it'll likely be versions of Netscape and IE on
Mac and Windows and Linux platforms (where applicable).

beyond that, i'm running IE 5.0 on WinNT 4.0 and Win2000 and M13 on
WinNT 4.0 (which i haven't had that many problems with other than the
ui).

i've found a few problems with the code posted at the url.  lines 267
and 276 of .../lib/typesseq-strings.html  have stray unmatched <var>
and </var> tags.  looking at the web-page (not the html), it's in
section 2.1.5.2 Mutabe Sequence Types in the table.  you can actually
see two of the parens are in a var enclosure and shouldn't be.  9th
and 12th row, first column in the table under 2.1.5.2.

also links on the modules and index pages turn up 404's.  i may untar
the tarball and see if i have the same problems.

/will