[Doc-SIG] Re: Ease of use is #1

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:48:10 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Edward Welbourne wrote:

Hi Edward, nice to know you're safely back in the UK

> > Assumption 1:
>
> This addresses `what are doc strings for ?' and I disagree with you
> (at least partially).

While the rest of your post is interesting, it is irrelevant. If we
can't agree on the goals, we certainly won't be able to agree on the
syntax. (BTW: you're not disagreeing with me, but rather my assumptions.
I'm not sure *I* agree with those: I just tried to formulate a consensus
which I can live with ;-) )

Since no discussion will settle the purpose issue, which I will formulate
as "Are doc-strings the whole documentation, or a quick reminder while
the documentation is elsewhere?", unless some of the people here will
manage to brainwash the rest <wink>, the whole issue is moot. I think the
only way to resolve the argument is by decision from above.

The authority to consult remains TBD.

--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.