[Doc-SIG] Re: text markups

Harry George hgg9140@seanet.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:30:19 -0800

Here is some "pod" style encoding, with SDF extensions.  The translator
is written in python (this is test01 for that package).  It handles
tables, nested lists, table-of-contents and indexes, and links.  Output
is to HTML, Latex, and Docbook.  Would this be of interest?

=include default_cfg.pdx
=cfg
title = test01
desc=hello, world
author = Harry George
author_email = hgg9140@seanet.com
owner = @author@
toc_p=0
=end cfg
=include article_style.pdx

=def greeting = hello

=def expand_p = 0
Hello: @greeting@, world

=def expand_p = 1
Hello: @greeting@, world

=for html <FONT COLOR="RED">
This should be red.
=for html <FONT COLOR="BLACK">
and this is back to black.

Here are some escaped chars:

=center
This is will be centered.

As will this (using a skipped line).
=end center
But not this.

=center
This is will be centered.<BR>As will this (using a break).
=end center
But not this.

--
Harry George